Creating users in the Sage X3 Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system requires a series of
simple steps to execute. This visual guide explains in a simple and quick way what those steps
are, so that any professional can create a new profile without complications.
First of all, it is worth noting that Sage X3 has two types of user:
- Web user: this is the first authentication, the one that allows you to log in to Syracuse.
- X3 user: this is the second authorization, the one that provides access to the different
So, in order to create our first type of user, the steps we will have to follow, as a minimum, are
- Go to the user administrator function, found in: Administration → Administration →
Users → Users → Users.
- Click on “New user”.
- Complete the “Login” field.
- Set a password.
- Enter your personal information, including first and last name.
After this, we will be able to create our second type of user, where again, as a minimum, we
will have to carry out the following steps:
- Navigate to: Settings → Users → Users.
- Click on the “New” button.
- Enter the “Code”.
- Select the “Login” created in the previous user type.
- Determine a menu profile as well as a function profile.
Note that in this second type of user the name is not obligatory, but it would be convenient to
fill it in.
Once all the above is done, we will be able to enter X3 with our new user created.
Here we leave you a small video showing you how to carry out the previous steps at the same
time that we provide a small explanation about the different fields to fill in: