The Inventory Visibility Add-on for Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management is a standalone microservice that is highly scalable, enabling retailers and high-volume manufacturers to manage millions of inventory updates every minute and gain real-time visibility into inventory positions across channels.
Obtaining a global view of the inventory
The integrated solution allows you to define your own data sources and centralize inventory data.
There are two approaches to view your inventory:
- Send a query via the high-performance API. This API can return near real-time inventory data directly from a cached instance.
- View the raw list available. This list is periodically synchronized from a cached instance and is visible in Dataverse.
Flexible booking is applied when a company needs to book a specific quantity of products to support, for example, sales order fulfillment that avoids overbooking. When a sales order is created and confirmed in Supply Chain Management or other order management systems, a request to book the quantity is sent to Inventory Visibility. Inventory Visibility allows you to book products that have specific dimension details and inventory transaction types. Once the quantity is successfully booked, a reservation ID is returned. You can use this reservation ID to link the original order in Supply Chain Management or other order management systems.
The functionality is designed so that a reservation in Inventory Visibility does not change the total quantity. Instead, it only marks the booked quantity. (For this reason, it is called flexible booking). The soft booked quantity can be cleared when products are consumed in Supply Chain Management or a third-party system by calling the API again to perform a quantity deduction and update the total quantity in Inventory Visibility.
How to install the Inventory Visibility Add-on
Before installing the add-on, register an application and add a private client to Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) in your Azure subscription. Be sure to note the Application ID (client), Private Client, and Tenant ID values, as you will need them later.
After registering an application and adding a client secret to Azure AD, follow these steps to install the Inventory Visibility snap-in.
- Log in to LCS.
- On the main page, select the project where the environment is deployed.
- On the project page, select the environment in which you want to install the plug-in.
- On the environment page, scroll down until you find the Environment Add-ins section in the Power Platform integration section. There, you can find the Dataverse environment name. Confirm that the Dataverse environment name is the one you want to use for inventory visibility.
- In the Environment Add-ins section, select Install a new add-in.
- Select the Install a new add-in link. A list of add-ins will appear.
- From the list, select Inventory Visibility.
- Set the following fields for your environment:
- AAD application (client) ID: enter the Azure AD application ID that you created and took note of.
- AAD tenant ID: enter the tenant ID you took note of
- Accept the terms and conditions by selecting the Terms and Conditions check box.
- Select Install. The status of the add-in is displayed as Installation. When the installation is complete, refresh the page. The status should change to Installed.
- In Dataverse, select the Applications section in the left navigation pane and verify that Inventory Visibility Power Apps has been installed successfully.
If you are interested in learning more about the Inventory Visibility Add-in in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Supply Chain Management, please contact us.
Do you want to implement Dynamics 365 in your company?
We can help you!
In Emiral we know how much your company is worth, whether it is small, medium or large. That’s why we want to offer you the best ERP management solutions to keep your business growing.