How to choose a good application development company
Having a mobile application is becoming a priority for brands, because it is a fast and effective way of communicating with customers, it offers an excellent user experience due to its simplicity and it is a very valuable source of data for the business. But for the experience to be satisfactory, both for the customer and for the company, it is essential to have the professionalism of a consulting firm specializing in application development, with a team of designers, programmers, UX experts and analysts.
Internet access is through cell phones.
The Digital 2021 study (in spanish), prepared by the social media management platform Hootsuite and the agency We are social, reveals that almost 43 million Spaniards use the Internet on average 6 hours and 11 minutes, and almost 94% of these users access the network through a mobile device, hence the importance of being present as a brand in the mobile environment, through a responsive website and a mobile application.
The main advantage that the application brings to the user is to be able to access the brand’s content quickly and easily, without having to perform a previous search. In addition, with personalization, the user receives just the content that interests him. In short, the user experience is significantly improved.
Types of mobile applications
We can distinguish between three types of mobile applications:
- Native applications: are the most popular mobile applications. They involve a more complex development because two lines of development are required depending on the operating system and, therefore, greater economic investment; to which is added the need for constant updating due to the changes proposed by both Google and Apple. Among the advantages are: this application allows access to the functionalities and features of the mobile hardware, it can be used without a network connection and it is a fast application.
- Web applications: is the easiest to develop and the cheapest. It is a web application but developed for cell phones. Its great advantage is that it only requires a web browser on the cell phone for the application to work, regardless of the operating system. The disadvantage is that the company cannot monetize it, it is accessed through the web.
- Hybrid applications: is a combination of the two previous ones. The advantage is that it adopts the functionality of the native application to access the functions and features of the mobile (thus obtaining a lot of user data); in addition to its speed and the possibility of uploading the application to the app stores. Another advantage is its multiplatform nature, as is the case with the web application. The main disadvantage is that they are heavier applications and, therefore, their operation is slower.
Benefits of mobile applications for businesses
Nowadays, mobile applications have become a key element for customer loyalty, due to the advantages they offer:
Direct access to the company’s services or products
It is a quick way to access the company’s services or products. From the application itself you can make purchases in the case of retail companies or manage, for example, a claim in the case of insurance companies.
Along with the web, social networks and marketing campaigns, apps are an essential support to gain visibility, since the brand will appear both in the online app store and in internet searches.
Improved user experience. Loyalty
Through the application you can collect data about users, such as the use they make of the application, the most visited contents, the frequency of entry into the application, etc. With this data you can create personalized content and offers that improve the user’s experience with the brand and increase the chances of conversion.
Mobile technologies, in constant evolution, allow companies to keep up with trends, offering customers the latest advances.
Experience shows us that brand experience is one of the key factors when it comes to purchasing. Customers are becoming more and more demanding and are looking not only for quality products but also for good service. In this sense, applications are of great help through notifications to keep the customer informed, for example, about the delivery of a product or the status of a transaction.
Keys to choosing an application development consulting firm
Once the advantages of mobile applications for companies have been contemplated, a particularly relevant aspect must be addressed: the choice of the agency that will develop the application. There are many consulting firms, as in other sectors, but not all of them offer an optimal service. Many of them stop at the development of the application, without addressing the next step: maintenance. Keep in mind that mobile applications are alive, they require constant updates and new functionalities. For this reason, we have summarized in these points the aspects that must be taken into account when hiring a consulting company specialized in application development:
- Professional team. It is important that behind the agency there is a team of professionals, working as a team. We refer to UX experts, data analysts, designers, programmers and other technology experts because it is not only about making an application and making it look pretty, but also about usability. If an application is not useful for the user and is not intuitive, it is doomed to failure.
- Experience. Before hiring an agency it is advisable to know the projects they have done to see if they adapt to the needs of the company.
- Testing service.Until an application is working properly, it is necessary to perform several evaluations, both in terms of performance and user experience. It is therefore important for the agency to consider the development of beta tests until the application is launched. And it is also advisable to make clear the possible extra costs in terms of version updates or the implementation of new functionalities.
- Support. This is one of the key aspects, it is necessary to choose an agency that accompanies the client throughout the life cycle of the application, providing continuous support, both to incorporate improvements and to solve incidents. It must be taken into account that this is a product that has a long life and is constantly evolving.
- Costs.Developing a mobile application involves a significant investment, especially in the case of native applications. Therefore, it is necessary to choose well from the beginning because a change of agency would imply an even greater increase. The budget should clearly state all the services offered by the agency, and the costs in the case of incorporating new features or version upgrades.
At Emiral we have a team of professional experts in the development of mobile applications, with extensive experience and we offer as a differentiating factor a continuous and close support to the customer.
At Emiral we know how much your company is worth, whether it is small, medium or large. That’s why we want to offer you the best ERP management solutions to keep your business growing.