One of the functions that customers need most in their ERP is to be able to customize reports that are generated.
Sage X3 offers many standard reports from which to start as a basis for customizing the new reports. For this example we take as a starting point a standard report with the base format of Sales Invoices, which is easier than starting from scratch.
How to customize reports in Sage X3
First we will go to Development > Script Dictionary > Reports Y we will select the standard report of sage x3, in this case SBONFAC is the sales invoice reporting code.
- Now we add a “Z” in the first position of the report code to indicate that it is a customer-modified report.
- We assign a activity code previously created and designated to custom reports.
- In this example we will only modify the format of the report in Crystal Reports, so we will leave the assigned script the same, so that it takes the same data as the standard sales invoice report.
- In the Crystal Report grid we will select the modified report for the client, which we will have previously moved to the route destined for it. Sage X3 allocates a report folder for each dossier called “REPORT”, where we will have to add the modified report inside the folder of the corresponding language of the report. In our case “C:\SageX3\APP\folders\EMIRAL\REPORTSPA”.
- We will leave the rest of the data the same since we want the behavior to be the same as that of Sage X3 by default.
The result would be the following:
- We click on save to save the modification of the customer's custom report.
Set report print code
Now we have to set print code for our new report. For it:
- We access Parameterization > Destinations > Printing Codes.
- We position ourselves in the last line of the grid and insert a new internal code, which will be the new printing code “ZSBONFAC” and we keep the changes.
Configure default parameters
Once we have configured the printing code, we have to configure default parameters:
- We access Parameterization > Destinations > Default values
- We look for the function “GESIH” which is the standard invoice function.
- We select our modified report “ZSBONFAC” Y we copy all the parameters which has the Sage X3 standard of “SBONFAC” so that the operation is the same.
- we keep the changes.
Print custom report Sage X3
Now that everything is configured, we go to the sales module to check that the report prints correctly.
- Sales > Invoices > Invoices. In the icons on the right we select the button to print.
- In the list that is provided we will see the option to print the new report that we have created.
When selecting it, we will enter the window for capturing report parameters, as in the standard operation of Sage X3.
We print the desired parameters and check that the result is the modified report for the client.
Thus, following these steps we can add any custom report based on the standard ones.
Do you want to implement Sage X3 in your company?
We help you!
In Emiral We know how much your company is worth, whether it is small, medium or large. For this reason, we want to offer you the best ERP management solutions so that your business continues to grow.