How to add custom reports in Sage X3
One of the functions that customers need most in their ERPs is to be able to customise the reports that are generated.
Sage X3 offers many standard reports that can be used as the basis for customising new reports. For this example, we will start with a standard report in the basic Sales Invoice format, which is easier than starting from scratch.
First, we will go to Development > Script Dictionary > Reports. And we will select the standard Sage X3 report, in this case SBONFAC is the report code for the Sales Invoices.
- Now add a “Z” to the first position of the report code to indicate that it is a customer modified report.
- Assign a previously created and designated activity code to the custom reports.
- In this example we will only modify the report format in Crystal Reports, so the assigned script will remain the same, so it will take the same data as the standard sales invoice report.
- In the Crystal Report grid, we will select the modified report for the client, which we will have previously moved to the path designated for it. Sage X3 provides a report folder for each dossier called “REPORT”, where we will have to add the modified report within the corresponding report language folder. In our case “C:\Sage\X3APP\folders\EMIRAL\REPORT”.
- The rest of the data will be left the same, as we want the behaviour to be the same as the standard of Sage X3.
The result would be the following:
- Click on save to save the modification of the client’s personalised report.
Now we have to set the print code for our new report. To do this:
- Access to Parameterization > Destinations > Print codes.
- Go to the last line of the grid and insert a new internal code, which will be the new print code “ZSBONFAC” and save the changes.
Once we have set up the print code, we have to set up the default parameters:
- Go to Parameterization > Destinations > Default values
- We are looking for the “GESSIH” function, which is the standard invoice function.
- Select the modified “ZSBONFAC” report and copied all the parameters that the Sage X3 standard has from “SBONFAC” so that the operation is the same.
- Save the changes.
Now that everything is set up, go to the sales module to check that the report is printed correctly.
- Sales > Invoices > Invoices. In the icons on the right select the print button.
- In the list provided we will see the option to print the new report we have created.
Selecting it will enter the report parameter capture window, just as in the standard operation of Sage X3.
Print out the desired parameters and check that the result is the modified report for the client.
At Emiral we know how much your company is worth, whether it is small, medium or large. Therefore, we want to offer you the best ERP management solutions to keep your business growing