Adaptation of utilities in an ERP: Maintenance Management
Nowadays it is important to have all the information centralized in the same tool so that all the users and departments can interact with the information in a global way and in this way achieve that our company has the information stored with a determined structure and coherence.
The importance of computerization
Nowadays it is essential that the information of all the departments is computerized. Taking this point for granted, many times companies are in the position of acquiring different management software instead of exploiting their ERP to the fullest, the case we are going to talk about exactly this.
With an example the explanation will be clearer: we find ourselves with a client dedicated to food, with the need to carry out a maintenance plan based on Excel spreadsheets and with the doubt of acquiring management software for this department. In a first analysis we listed the many advantages of including this department in the ERP:
- Familiarization with the ERP system: all departments and users have access to the information without the need for additional training or installation of new software.
- Ease of use of data: in this case all maintenance interventions have an impact on production. By means of this utility, we are able to locate the maintenance interventions in the company’s productions, knowing the impact of that department in the production.
- Leveraging ERP information: as the machinery tables are not a new program, operators are already implemented.
We often encounter this situation, companies that have doubts about outsourcing departments or ERP functionalities and services they work with, often for cost reasons. Experience has shown us that only by centralizing the data we can notice a substantial improvement in the methodology of work and ultimately of production.
Once the client has decided to implement the new module in the ERP, we proceed to meet with the heads of the departments to analyze what would be the best way to assemble what they currently have in the Excel documents with the information already existing in the ERP.
At the end of this meeting the client is offered the possibility to go one step further. Instead of making the data introduction by means of work reports, we propose the possibility of introducing the information of the parts through work terminals and a customized APP developed by us, to make the data introduction more comfortable to the maintenance operators.
Benefits of data centralization
At the end of the work, these are the conclusions:
- The maintenance operators have a comfortable and agile tool to introduce the parts from any point of the factory.
- The head of the maintenance department has a tool capable of organizing the work of the operators and see the cost of such work, communication within the department is more fluid and easier.
- The maintenance department receives weekly emails with the preventive tasks to be carried out.
- The quality department has a more professional tool in front of external audits, both health and customers.
- The production department is able to plan its production orders taking into account preventive maintenance actions.
In short, it is possible to professionalize a department with a reliable management tool that is integrated into the daily life of the factory. It is essential to always bet on your own ERP system and, above all, to choose a partner that provides the security and professionalism that each business deserves.
At Emiral you will find a team of experienced professionals with the capacity to solve problems and optimize work to the maximum.
At Emiral we know how much your company is worth, whether it is small, medium or large. Therefore, we want to offer you the best ERP management solutions to keep your business growing.