Nowadays it is important to have all the information centralized in the same tool so that all users and departments can interact with the information in a global way and in this way ensure that our company has the information stored with a certain structure and consistency.
The importance of computerization
Currently it is essential that the information of all departments be computerized. Taking this point for granted, on many occasions companies find themselves in the position of acquiring different management software instead of exploiting their ERP to the maximum, the case that we are going to deal with speaks exactly of this.
With an example the explanation will be clearer: we find ourselves with a client dedicated to food, with the need to carry out a maintenance plan based on Excel spreadsheets and with the doubt of acquiring management software for said department. In a first analysis we list the multiple advantages of including this department in the ERP:
- Familiarization with the ERP system: all departments and users have access to information without the need for additional training or installation of new software.
- Ease of using the data: in this case all maintenance interventions have an impact on production. Through this utility, we are able to locate maintenance interventions in the company's productions, knowing the impact of said department on production.
- Use of ERP information: as the machinery and operator tables are not a new program, they are already implemented.
We often find ourselves in this situation, companies that have doubts about outsourcing departments or functionalities and ERP services with which they work, often for reasons of cost. Experience has shown us that Only by centralizing the data is there a substantial improvement in the work methodology and, ultimately, in production.
Once the client has decided to implement the new module in the ERP, we proceed to meet with the heads of the departments to analyze what would be the best way to assemble what they currently have in the Excel documents with the information already existing in the ERP.
At the end of this meeting, the client is offered the possibility of going one step further. Instead of entering data through work reports, we propose the possibility of entering the information of the reports through work terminals and a custom APP developed by us, to make data entry more comfortable for the operators of maintenance.
Benefits of data centralization
At the end of the work, these are the conclusions:
- maintenance workers they have a comfortable and agile tool to introduce the parts from any point of the factory.
- head of maintenance department has a tool capable of organizing the work of the operators and seeing the cost of said work, communication within the department is more fluid and easier.
- the maintenance department receives weekly emails with the preventive tasks to be carried out.
- The quality department It has a more professional tool against external audits, both for health and for clients.
- the production department is capable of planning its production orders taking into account preventive maintenance actions.
In short, it is possible to professionalize a department with a reliable management tool that is integrated into the day-to-day running of the factory. It is essential toalways rely on your own ERP system and, above all, choose a partner that provides the security and professionalism that each business deserves.
At Emiral you will find a team of experienced professionals with the ability to solve problems and optimize work to the maximum.
Do you want to implement an ERP in your company?
We help you!
In Emiral We know how much your company is worth, whether it is small, medium or large. For this reason, we want to offer you the best ERP management solutions so that your business continues to grow.